Paradox Role Plays
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spaceballs: The Roleplay. ....No, wait, that's not right....

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shifting Sands

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

Shifting Sands - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/12/2010, 2:07 pm

A man lay on the bed of a room in the Luxor Inn. He played with a broken half of a medallion and felt the rough edge of it with his thumb before looking at the name written on it, Mal. He couldn't recall ever being called by the name but he didn't recall much, only parts of his childhood. A childhood in Graw wasn't much of a childhood but Mal held onto his memories of it nonetheless, the faded memories of his brother and their search for the father who abandoned them. He could remember his mother dying and his uncle's execution but beyond the early teenage years the memories faded to black, until they picked up around his mid-thirties not too long ago.

Mal first awoke in Klint, looked after by soldiers who claimed he had aided them against bandits before falling into unconsciousness. None of them knew him nor did they know where he had come from but their hospitality was short-lived and, after a quick recovery, Mal was asked to leave. He had only a small sum of gold, his broken medallion and few memories which led him to Graw... upon arrival, however, he was ambushed and robbed. The bandits took the man's gold and then demanded he give them his medallion as well. He refused. Before they could kill him the nearby stables became enveloped by fire and amidst the chaos Mal managed to mount a wyvern and escape. Sadly he was a terrible flyer.

Before long he was above Luxor and the wyvern swooped low before finally shaking Mal from its back. The man fell right into the Luxor Inn, causing considerable damage. Even amongst his bad luck fortune smiled and the innkeeper agreed that if Mal stayed at the inn and repaid him for the cost of fixing the building, along with a small amount of added compensation, he would not involve the authorities.

Mal had lost track of the days; perhaps it had been a week or perhaps a few months. However long it had been, he had spent that time working both at the inn and doing jobs for other people until finally he had given the innkeeper enough gold to cover the damages, the extra pay coming in the form of inn-work. When not making money he spent time at the arena, training with the gladiators and learning how to wield lances, and equal time at the magic shop where he made a startling discovery. His amnesia was not born of accident or injury, it was due to a powerful curse. Determined to break the curse he learnt about his inner magic and trained with what he felt to be natural; fire and darkness.

And now he felt ready. He looked at his things and... well, seeing a shoddy old lance beyond repair and a Wooden Stick, he no longer felt ready. Exiting the room and leaving the broken lance he said goodbye to the innkeeper and left the inn for The Armory. With a recklessly big smile, Mal purchased a Steel Lance for 1000G. He then headed to The General Store and bought a Herb Extract for 250G.

And now he felt ready. A Steel Lance was on his back, his Wooden Stick was excellent for walking with and he had something for healing if necessary. Now he could go to Graw and barter for information as he needed, afterall he had 1250G left over from repaying his debt with which he could bribe-...

"Oh." Mal said aloud, looking into his empty gold pouch which he had just drained. He thought back to the jobs he knew were available. "Well then, a nice, uneventful delivery service will do." Then he cursed. "Why did I have to say uneventful?"

He headed to the merchant's store for information about the job.

Purchased Steel Lance and Herb Extract, 0G left. Wooden Stick equipped.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/12/2010, 2:28 pm

"I'm a mercenary," Misheil said. "I'm here about the bulletin you put out regarding that group of fugitives."

I sure hope he remembers which group of fugitives he wanted help dealing with...
Back to top Go down
Rust

Rust

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/12/2010, 6:03 pm

Cojisto rounded on the man who had barged in on his big fight scene.

"Now who in the world do you people think you're doing!? Kidnapping people, honestly! What is with you political people these days. Always causing strife and war just because you don't get your way! What kind of living is that! Look at these lives you're ruining! What could you possibly accomplish by kidnapping whoever it was that you kidnapped!? I've never seen two people with such blind and stupid ambition! And if there's more of you then so help me god I will not hesitate to take this matter into my own hands. Seriously, your mothers taught you better than this! And if they didn't, then they should have! What if it were your family being kidnapped!? Can you answer that? What is wrong with you people!?" The whole time Cojisto was prodding the man in his chest with a finger, and only when he was finished did he take a breath.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/12/2010, 6:47 pm

AMBER

Amber turned to walk away, but she heard the door open behind her. She turned back to see a rather handsome young man nervously wringing his hands.

Flyer-Man: You... you weren't sent by my parents?

MAL

The small bell attached to the door of the General Store tinkled as Mal entered, and the shopkeep looked up from the pile of boxes he was currently surrounded by.

Shopkeep: Hope yer lookin' fer somethin' specific, 'cause I ain't got no time to be helpin' ye browse!

MISHEIL

"Oh!" Waring stood up and strode over to Misheil, grasping the fencer's hand and shaking it vigorously. "Of course, of course! I should have known, from the outfit. I'm Wilson Waring... but I suppose you already knew that..." The General trailed off for a second, then burst out: "So!! I suppose you'll be wanting to talk to our escapee, then! He's right this way."

Waring led Misheil down the short hall to a metal door. Through the small window embedded in it, Misheil could see a scruffy-looking man in handcuffs sitting at a short table.

"We really haven't had much luck in getting him to talk, actually..." Waring said, his eyes on the ground. "So I probably shouldn't go in there - you'll have more luck alone."

Waring: ...Go on, then. Go on in.

COJISTO

The man stared, unimpressed, at Cojisto duringn the entirety of his speech. But the second Cojisto paused for a breath, he wound up and punched him square in the nose.

~~~

Cojisto opened his eyes to find himself tied to a chair, in a room with eight other citizens. Cojisto recognized two of them as the Innkeeper and his wife. The other six he assumed were patrons being held hostage. ...And that's when it sunk in: the number of hostages had just increased to nine. He wriggled a little in the chair and discovered, to his surprise, that someone had done a shoddy job tying his hands. If he worked it enough, he could easily slip out of his bonds.

...Not that it would do him much good; he was still woozy, he had a bloody nose and his knuckles were nowhere to be found. He COULD just sit and wait, but who knew what these Loyalists had planned for him?

DAN

The group of four arrived at Raven Passage without incident. It was an intimidating place - boulders and rock outcroppings soared into the sky on either side, allowing just enough room for a single caravan to pass through.

"You can see why the bandits chose this spot for ambushes," Shadow said. "One way in, one way out. Cover them both, and there's no escape." He pointed up the slope of the western spire. "There's a small trail heading up the rocks over there. Leads to Raven Lake. It might not be a good idea for us to just wander into the Pass; that's just begging to be ambushed. However, the trail is extremely dangerous - could be more dangerous than the bandits."

Shadow: Why don't we let New Guy decide? What should our course of action be?
Back to top Go down
patiencem

patiencem

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime29/12/2010, 9:05 pm

Slowly, as if she were approaching a deer, Amber began walking back towards the young man. She smiled. "No, sir. I wasn't. Would you care to chat?"

After a bit of thinking, she thought she had the perfect hook to get him to let her into his dwelling. "We could comisserate about how stupid parents can be...and nosy."
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 6:48 am

Mal enjoyed looking cool. In his mind, he wanted to be the cool and silent badass type. If he acted that way on jobs, that's how his reputation would grow.

He felt his pockets, however, and realized he had no poster which he could hold up meaning he had to speak. He sighed.

"You have too many things, sir. I'm here to alleviate you of them."

The shopkeep looked at him as if the implication of robbery had also come with a threat of rape.

"No, forgive me, I mean I'm here to help you deliver them. What do you have and where do I need to take it?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 2:45 pm

To most Gaziarans, the southern plains were scorching as they were met by the bright rays of the sun. It was almost always a clear day, and travelers found Dellamar severely uncomfortable. They pulled loose their collars as they neared the city from the north, removing excess clothing, airing out their caravans. But to one borne of the desert, these plains seemed almost...chilly.

A young man by the name of Solomon breathed deeply to take in the spirit of the land around him. Nature in this country truly lifted his spirits. It was a beautiful day, and Solomon was happy. He wore his cloak high around his jaw as he passed the farming homes of peasants on the outside of the town, relaxed in the security of remaining anonymous.

The road Solomon rolled his feet along took him close to the heart of Dellamar. It ran a short ways separate from the main road, but merged with it close to the man's destination.

Solomon neared the end of his lengthy travel as the ranch he was looking for came into view. The road turned back to join the main one and the ranch was placed between them. The ranch, however, wasn't a ranch for horses. It was a ranch for wyverns.

The flying beasts excited Solomon immensely. He had never rode one, but to be able to fly...he thought it must be the best feeling in the world. He had come to Dellamar on a job, a request for hands to help tame new wyverns on the Trinity Islands to the west. He thought it was a good first step.

He shortly pondered the fact that he had not seen a single beast in the back, but decided that would make sense seeing as he was being hired to acquire more.

Solomon hopped up onto the front deck of the ranch house and rapped on the door, waiting excitedly for the details of his quest.
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 4:49 pm

AMBER

By the look on his face, Amber knew she'd hit the nail on the head.

"You're telling me!" He exclaimed, "I highly doubt your parents have been trying to set you up with a date every week since you were seventeen!" He hung his head. "And now they've even put out a flyer for me, of all things..."

Flyer-Man: Well... come on in, then. You want, um, some tea or something?

MAL

"Oh, finally!" The shopkeep looked overjoyed. "Thank ye so much... with all them 'exciting' jobs that've been posted - wyvern tamers an' what-not - I was startin' to think no one wanted to be a lousy delievery boy." Mal just stared at him, and he quickly caught himself. "Er... not that workin' fer me is lousy, no! Ye'll get paid, don' ye worry. I'll take care o' ye. Here, ye can start with this one. "

He shoved a decent-sized box into Mal's arms.

Shopkeep: It's old Mrs. Figbaum's medicine. She lives directly across from the Inn.

SOLOMON

From inside came a high-pitched, female voice.

Voice: We're closed! You'll have to come back another time, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Rust

Rust

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 4:56 pm

Cojisto, being the smart man that he was, decided to try and break free.

"Don't worry, fellow citizens, I'm here to save you all. I hope you're armed, because they seemed to have taken away my fisticuffs." He glanced at them again, noticing that none of them were, in fact, armed. "Well, it seems all of you are as useless as the army outside. Very well, I'll do all of this on my own."

Slipping free from his bonds, he staggered to the next hostage and started untying.
Back to top Go down
patiencem

patiencem

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 6:01 pm

She smiled back at him. "Tea would be lovely". Graciously, she stepped inside his dwelling.

"Let's get acquainted, I'm Amber. And you are? I'd rather not call you 'man-from-flyer'?"

She looked at him with her striking blue eyes, "No, my parents didn't try to set me up but then again my parents aren't around much. Thats why I don't enjoy mine. No presents, no birthday parties, no holidays. It was just me for a very long time." She smiled sadly. "And now, they've both passed."

Not to mention they died when I was sixteen

"Other than force the issue of grand-kids on you, what else do your parents do that annoys you so much? Least they;re around, right?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 6:28 pm

In rebuttal to the muffled voice whom Solomon could only assume to be his employer, he moved his lips close to the door and shouted.

"I'm here for the job, you need someone to help catch a wyvern? Or two?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime30/12/2010, 7:08 pm

What was I thinking? Agatha said to himself.

He picked his purse up off the floor and dusted off the mud. He gathered the rest of his trinkets and tried collecting himself. He blinked his eyes groggily as the Innkeeper said "Not as young as you once were, eh?"

That's a weird thing to say to me. I'm not that old He thought.

He looked into the mirror behind the bar. His brown hair looked wild, and his face had dark creases all over, some caked in with mud. He felt like he had been run over by a cart of rocks. He couldn't remember the night before, but he knew there had been ale involved, lots and lots of ale.

"Where am I?" He asked the barkeep.

"The Tipsy Squirrel. In Luxor." He said informatively, "Couldn't get back up to your room, eh?"

"No, guess not." Agatha replied.

"What's your name?" The Barkeep asked.

"Babelcock. Agatha Babelcock."

"What an unusual n-"

Before the Barkeep could finish his sentence Agatha hopped into action and grabbed him by the arm, the other hand clenching into a fist and gearing up for a punch, but as this happened, a small girl squealed in protest and he halted. This was clearly a touchy subject for him.

"Sorry. Growing up with this name has had some effects on me. It's a family name, there were several Agatha Babelcocks before me and now I've got to live up to the name. Do great things and all that."

"Well if that's what you need to do," The barkeep said with a slight hint of fear " Then Why don't you head to Dellamar, there's bound to be something there. Just last week we got word of something to do with horse traders and the fate of the region, or something like that. You know how gossip goes...."

The barkeep kept talking, but Agatha wasn't listening. He let go of the barkeep's arm and headed to his room to wash up and prepare to travel. He was going to Dellamar in search of adventure.
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/12/2010, 4:21 am

Mal looked from the magical box to the shopkeep and then nodded before exiting the shop. He had surmised it was magical because unlike other boxes it had came out of the ether and materialized in his hands like some kind of witch's familiar; how an old shopkeep could grow to move so fast was beyond Mal's comprehension.

Mrs. Figbaum... the name didn't ring a bell but Mal had spent little time socializing with the elderly, work being so important and whatnot, so it made sense. There was, however, a decent chance that with the commotion he had caused in the town Mrs. Figbaum had heard of Mal. Was that a good thing?

Before long he had reached her home. He held the package and knocked her door at the same time, awaiting an answer.
Back to top Go down
Brontosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime31/12/2010, 11:31 pm

"I'm just going to think logically here," Dan began, "We know exactly what to expect if we take the path - an ambush. However, if we know we're going to get ambushed, it is not really much of an ambush at all, right?"

"Although, by taking the other path, we may not know what to expect, and it may be dangerous, but, we get the advantage since they probably wouldn't expect anyone to get at them from that direction. However, you never know."

After contemplating it, Dan thought his first choice was better. "So I'm thinking we take the original path. We know what to expect, we just have to be ready for it. What do you guys think?"
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/1/2011, 1:58 pm

COJISTO

Cojisto managed to get four of the other hostages - the four who looked most like they could fight - out of their bonds before the handle of the door began turning. He could probably make it back to his chair in time if he wanted to give the illusion of still being tied up...

AMBER

"The name's Harrison," he replied as he scuttled back and forth, making tea, "And I suppose you have a point, but most days I wish they weren't. If it's not finding a girl, it's going to work for my father. Or it's going to the University. Or moving back in with them - they lived in Trikanta during the Civil War, you know, and they still look down on Crosel. ...Kinda one of the reasons I moved out here." He handed Amber a cup of tea and took a seat on the couch, motioning for her to do the same. "And no matter what I do, they just won't leave me be!" He picked up the flyer Amber had slid under the door.

Harrison: They seriously put this flyer out? Please tell me this is just some sick prank...

RHYS

"Oh," came the response. After a couple seconds of waiting, the door opened to reveal a very pretty girl of about 20, with long, dirty blonde hair. "Well, that's a different story," she said. "I do need me some new mounts - some rascals set half my wyverns free a couple nights ago, so I need some more before this place goes out of business." She put her hands on her hips.

Stable Owner: You look a tad scrawny... what makes you think you can tangle with a wild wyvern?

AGATHA

Agatha strode into the bustling city of Dellamar. It wasn't as big as the famous port town of Cyrus, but it was the capital of Gaziara, and the city that the Council called home. He took two steps into the city, when suddenly:

"HIS HORSE! HIS HORSE! HIS KINGDOM FOR A HORSE!" Agatha looked to his left, distracted by the cry. It was a paperboy, walking down the street and waving a copy of the Gaziaran Times. "Read all about it! Fitzgerald trades estate for racehorse!"

Agatha walked up to the boy and snatched a paper from him. It was as he said: the well-known eccentric Edmund Fitzgerald was set to trade his entire 100-acre estate for the famous racehorse, Seacracker. And the deal was set to be finalized at 4:00 that afternoon! This could be something worth watching...

OOC: Assume it's ~12:00 now.

MAL

From inside came the reply, much louder than necessary:

Mrs. Figbaum: I don't want none of what you're selling! Leave an old woman in peace!

DAN

"Sounds like a plan to me," Shadow said, and the four mercenaries set off down the passage. Sure enough, they'd barely gone a hundred meters when they heard the sound of faint footsteps behind them, echoing off the towering rock walls.

"Don't stop walking," Mitch whispered, "But we've definitely got a tail."

"Yep," Shadow agreed, and surreptitiously glanced over his shoulder. "Looks like just one guy. The four of us could take him easily, though it would give us away."

Shadow: Any thoughts, New Guy?
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/1/2011, 2:26 pm

"Okayyyy," Mal cheerily replied, mimicking the overly loud woman but with a happier tone. She was the one who decided to yell at him; why shouldn't he reply in kind? "I'll just take your medicine back then. Don't haunt me if you die." And, hoping his sarcasm had struck, he began to slowly walk away.
Back to top Go down
patiencem

patiencem

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/1/2011, 2:33 pm

"Well," Amber answered sitting down on the couch beside him angled so that she was facing him, "seeing as I didn't actually see the flyer posted, just saw it on a bulletin board in Luxor, where I'm from, I can't say if its a prank or not." After a moment's hesitation, she added "But if it isn't that does seem very excessive...and intrusive."

She took a sip of the tea. "This is very refreshing, thank you."

She looked at him. "Well, what is it that YOU want? Is there something I can help you with?"
Back to top Go down
Brontosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/1/2011, 10:04 pm

"We best keep walking," Dan began, "We don't even know who this guy is. We shouldn't just attack innocent people, we'd be just as bad as the guys we're hunting down. We keep walking, but don't hesitate to turn back every now and then. You never know, right?"
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime1/1/2011, 11:28 pm

MAL

"Good!" came the reply, "And you can tell your employer the same thing!"

OOC: I don't think she understands what you're doing there, and it seems to me sarcasm is going to be lost on her...

AMBER

"Oh god, it's all the way in LUXOR? My life is ruined..." Harrison hung his head, but at that moment there was a knock on the door, and Harrison stood to answer it, dropping the flyer onto the coffee table. Amber watched as he opened the door to reveal a middle-aged couple in business attire. Harrison's mouth dropped.

"Harry, my boy!" The woman gave a stunned Harrison a large hug, and the man shook his hand vigorously. "Your father's company dragged us to this wretched city for a few days," she said, "So we thought we'd stop by and see how things were... going..." Her eyes trailed off of Harrison and onto Amber, sitting on the couch, the telltale flyer resting on the table in front of her.

"And who," she asked, with a knowing and slightly arrogant tone to her voice, "Is this...?"

"Mom, Dad, this is, uh..." Harrison stammered, "Th... that's my, uh... my gi... uh, my..." He was obviously hesitant to say the operative word.

OOC: Stay silent, help him out, or put him (and his parents) on the spot? It's up to you.

DAN

OOC: Oh, you know me so well. XD Not saying that he wasn't a bandit, but you really know me well lol.

BIC:

They continued through the pass, the man behind them staying a good fifty meters back the entire way. They were about halfway through when their path was suddenly barred. Three men stood in front of them, two of them brandishing swords.

"Alright, boys," the man in the middle said, "Let's make this easy."

Bandit: Hand over your weapons and whatever other valuables you have on you. Chop chop!
Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/1/2011, 7:20 am

Mal sighed. He tried to be good, he really did, he wanted to go back and knock on the old woman's door and explain the situation and give her the medicine... but he also wanted to go back, kick down her door and slap her.

It was a conundrum, you see. One which made him very concerned about who he was.

Sighing again, Mal sped up his walk. When he found himself half-way between the shop from where the package had come from and the home of Mrs. Figbaum he turned right and moved behind the nearest building. He made sure no-one was watching him as best he could, then he opened the package and looked at what exactly was inside.
Back to top Go down
patiencem

patiencem

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/1/2011, 10:08 am

Amber slowly got up from where she was sitting and walked over to where Harrison and, presumedly, his parents were standing. She slipped one arm around Harrison's waist, and stuck out her right hand to the woman. "I'm Amber, his girlfriend." She smiled at the couple before them.

"Hun, could you go make some more tea?" Amber asked to get him out of ear-shot of her and his parents. She pulled aside the couple. "There are no more need for flyers. I see that Harrison didn't tell you about me, but that was his decision. But now he does have someone, and I strongly suggest you remove the flyers." Amber picks the flyer up off the coffee table and shows the parents. "I'd invite you inside, but its still his house, so I'll go ask him what he'd like to do, one second."

Amber gently shuts the door and walks over to Harrison. "Do you want your parents to come in? If so, I don't mind acting the part." She winked at him. "They're currently waiting out front, I did shut the door though." she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Brontosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/1/2011, 6:30 pm

"And why, my good sir, would we simply hand you our valuables?" Dan said, cocking an eyebrow at the man.

OOC: Lol. well, I guess I know me too. If you had attacked him I would have made him an innocent civilian xD
Back to top Go down
Bagel
Totally not a Waffle
Bagel

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/1/2011, 7:20 pm

MAL

Inside the box were bags upon bags of pills in a variety of colors and sizes, as well as a card with reminders on when to take them. Mal looked it over: that woman must be popping more pills than any drug addict he'd ever encountered.

OOC: I'm intrigued to see where you're going with this. XD

AMBER

"You did WHAT?!" Harrison pushed past Amber and ran to the door. As Amber followed him into the living room, she could hear him apologizing rapidly and profusely, stammering the entire time. Harrison clumsily gestured towards a pair of chairs, and his parents took their seats. His mother looked infuriated, and his father did not seem amused either.

"Mom, Dad," Harrison began again as Amber took her seat on the couch, "This is..."

"We know who she is, Harrison." His mother glared at Amber. "She introduced herself before she so rudely threw us out of your house."

"Yes, well..." Harrison fidgeted with his collar.

"Now, Beatrice," Harrison's father turned to her, "Let's not be so harsh on the girl, we've only just met her." Beatrice's expression did not change, so he turned to Amber.

Harrison's Father: Why don't we get to know each other? Erm... now, er... how did you two meet?

DAN

The man laughed.

"Do you really not get the concept of a robbery, boy?" He motioned behind the four mercenaries, and they glanced back to see two men, one of whom being the man they'd been followed by, cutting off their only escape route. "You folks are surrounded. Now I'm gonna say it again."

Bandit: Hand over your weapons and valuables, or we'll be forced to take them the hard way.
Back to top Go down
patiencem

patiencem

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/1/2011, 7:31 pm

She looked at Harrison. "Well, we met when I was on a job that brought me here to Crosel. I ran into him, literally, at the inn one night," she smiled.

"I was staying there, and had just finished my meal and was headed up to my room. It had been a long day, and I was very tired so I didn't really notice where I was going. Then, all of sudden, there is a very handome young man in front of me, I tripped and fell. Thankfully your son here caught me, in more ways than one" she winked at Harrison.

She turned to Beatrice, hoping to make amends but sensing this will be a difficult thing to do. "I apologize for giving the impression of throwing you out. I did not mean to insult you," she smiled a genuine smile.

Amber walked back to the kitchen, and finished making tea. She rummaged around in the cabinets until she found a tea tray, honey and other such niceties for tea. She brought the arrangement out to the living room.

"Can I offer you some tea?" she inquiered. She looked back at Harrison and smiled and placed the tea on the table between his parents. After placing the tea down, she walked to the couch where Harrison was sitting, sat herself down and leaned against him, clasping his hand in hers.

Back to top Go down
Dyviltsi

Dyviltsi

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime2/1/2011, 8:01 pm

Still making sure no-one was watching him (as best as he could anyway) Mal casually closed up the package and hid it beneath his cloak before leaving the town completely. He formulated a plan and, should the gods of fate allow it, he would play out the reality as it played out in his mind.

First he would find the nearest cover he could, be it behind one of the distant hills or in a gathering of trees he might be fortunate to come across. He headed towards the beach to the north; if there was no safe place between Luxor and the beach, he would use the beach. With a secure position Mal planned to check the woman's cards. He would order the pills in terms of their importance and when they needed to be taken, then he would take out the least important pills and measure how much he could carry exactly, whilst still allowing himself to walk, run and fight. If he could carry more than half of the pills, he would carry only half and no more, leaving the rest in the package.

These pills he would then gather into a bag and find a secure place to hide them; under a rock formation, in a hole in the ground, up a tree. Anywhere they would be hidden from bandits or animals, and if at the beach anywhere high enough in the cliff face (did it have a cliff face? He still hadn't been to the beach up north) that the tide wouldn't sweep it away. Then came the annoying part.

Using his Steel Lance, Mal would stab himself. In the arm or leg, nowhere fatal but still rather damaging. He would then bash himself in the head with his Wooden Stick a few times, before grabbing what was left of the pills in the box and heading back towards Luxor. If there was a pill which would heal him should he be attacked, he would be ready to use it; if not he still had some Herb Extract.

Now, assuming this all went smoothly as planned and he arrived at Luxor with no trouble, he would then go to Mrs. Figbaum's house and knock on her door. He would clearly announce himself as a delivery boy who was sent with important medicine and then proclaim he had gone through hell after a bathroom-related detour.

OOC: I don't know if you planned on having anyone see Mal or for him to be ambushed or some other Bagel-related insanity, so I figured instead of just deciding how the world would be I'd play it out hypothetically and leave the rest to you. Also, try not to judge me based on Mal's actions >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shifting Sands   Shifting Sands - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shifting Sands
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next